Jay FlynnJay Flynn's sincere compassion for people is evident from the moment you meet him.
For over three decades, Jay has successfully represented injured people in the Tri-Cities area
And he has won many successful verdicts and settlements for his clients along the way. Recently Jay has been selected for the 20th Edition of “The Best Lawyers in America”™ by BEST LAWYERS™ attorney national rating system. BEST LAWYERS™ represents the top 1% of lawyers in the United States. This publication is the oldest and most highly-respected peer review guide to the legal profession worldwide.
I grew up in New York City, and met my wife Sue, a Pasco Native, while we were in college. We married while I was still attending law school, and then made our way to the Tri-Cities where I began practicing law. This was all in the 1970s and I have loved it here from the moment I arrived. Sue and I have raised our three sons here, and have been blessed with three wonderful daughters-in-law, as well as one very handsome grandson, Valentine. We also have a very loving dog named Blue. Sue gave 36 years to the Kennewick School District as a schoolteacher and is now enjoying retirement.
I have dedicated the last few decades to building a successful and reputable law career. Being selected as a “Super Lawyer” by Washington Law and Politics Magazine for 12 years, and one of the “Best Lawyers in America” by BEST LAWYERS attorney national rating system, and many other awards and achievements can all attest to my commitment to the field of law. In my spare time, I enjoy hiking, yoga, Pilates, reading, and spending as much time as I can with my family.
— Awards & Accolades —
Awards and Achievements
- WASHINGTON STATE TRIAL LAWYER OF THE YEAR – 2001
- Washington Law and Politics “Super Lawyer” – 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
Washington “Super Lawyer” as selected by Law and Politics Magazine. More than 20,000 ballots were sent to lawyers across Washington asking them to vote for the best lawyers they have personally observed in action. The final list of “Super Lawyers” represents four percent of the lawyers licensed to practice in Washington. Only the top five percent of Washington attorneys are chosen by their peers as “Super Lawyers.”
- Jay is “AV” Rated by Martindale Hubbell in a nationwide attorney peer review.
This rating by judges and fellow attorneys shows that Mr. Flynn has a Very High to Preeminent rating for legal ability, and that he embraces faithful adherence to ethical standards, professional reliability and diligence. The “AV” rating is awarded to less than 10% of all attorneys nationally and is the highest rating offered by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory.
- American Board of Trial Advocates (by invitation membership)
- American College of Trial Lawyers (by invitation limited to the top 1% of Trial Attorneys in the State) For the past several years Jay has been selected by the American Trial Lawyers Association as one of the top 100 trial lawyers in Washington State.
The American Trial Lawyers Association (One of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the State of Washington) For the past several years Jay has been selected by the American Trial Lawyers Association as one of the top 100 trial lawyers in Washington State.
- Jay has been selected for the 20th Edition of “The Best Lawyers in America” by BEST LAWYERS attorney national rating system.
- Damages Attorneys Roundtable (DART) Member. This group of 25 lawyers are located in the State of Washington and are deemed to be in the top 5% of Washington State trial lawyers. DART was founded to secure justice through the shared knowledge of advocacy.
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington State Association for Justice (Board of Governors 1994-1998, 2005-2007)
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- American College of Trial Lawyers (ACTL)
- Damages Attorneys Roundtable (DART)
- University of Puget Sound, B.A., English 1976
- University of Puget Sound, J.D. – 1979
Experience You Can Trust
Our award-winning attorneys bring a long-standing tradition of excellence, experience, passion and dedication to our cases that have produced outstanding results for our clients.
Getting Help When You Need It
Victims of serious injury require strong legal representation. We understand the devastating impact a serious injury can have on your life and that you may feel helpless due to the reckless, negligent or careless acts of another.
4253 W. 24th Avenue, Suite 110
Kennewick, WA 99338
Personal Injury / Wrongful Death
Brain Injury / Motor Collision
Sexual Abuse / Medical Negligence